Ashlee’s Easiest Ever Vegan Choc Chip Cookies
- 80g canola oil
- 75g (or 60ml) aquafaba (see tip)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or nuts/ dried fruits
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, aquafaba, vanilla, caster sugar and brown sugar.
2. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and chocolate chips. Mix together to combine.
3. Place spoonfuls on a lined baking tray, then place in the fridge. In the meantime, heat your over to 180°C(160°C fan-forced).
4. When you oven is hot enough, place your tray into the oven and bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Tip: Aquafaba is the water that comes from a tin of chickpeas. Be sure to use the chickpeas somewhere else to reduce waste, they’re great added to a curry or a casserole.