Mike's Hot & Crispy Chicken
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut in half lengthways
- 2 skinless chicken legs, cut into thigh and drumstick
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and white pepper
- 2 cups panko crumbs
1. Preheat an oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced). Place chicken into a pot of cold water and season with a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the liquid.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, mustard and cornflour together
3. In another bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients.
4. Remove the chicken from the cooking liquid and dip into the egg wash and then the crumb mix. Place onto a prepared baking tray.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and serve.