Mike's Super Fast Leftovers Pie
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 250g leftover cooked meat, cut into strips
- tsp mustard (Dijon if possible)
- Pinch white pepper and salt, to season
- 1 cup potatoes, cooked
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced)
2. Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add onions and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, before adding the cherry tomatoes, cold meat and mustard. Season. Remove from heat and cool.
3. In a saucepan, mash potatoes with the milk and half of the grated Parmesan.
4. Grease a muffin tray (6 or 8) and lay the pastry over, patting down into the centre. Pile the meat mixture into the centre of each. Spoon the potato mixture on top and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan. Eggwash the outside of the pastry disk.
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden .