Ganesh's Poached & Grilled Pears with Nutmeg, Anzac Biscuits & Honey Yoghurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 4 ripe pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 4 Anzac biscuits
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Pinch of ground nutmeg, to serve
1. To poach the pears, fill a large pot or pan with water. Heat the water to medium heat and dissolve the sugar in it. Warm the star anise and clove in the sugar syrup.
2. Cut baking paper into a circle that will fit inside the saucepan. Cut a hole in the middle of the paper to release moisture.
3. Place the pears in the syrup and cover with the baking paper. Keep the heat on low until the pears are cooked through, between 20-25
minutes. Remove the pears and cool.
4. Grill the pears on a BBQ or in a frying pan until the flat side is caramelised. Be careful not to burn the pears. Just brown. Then set aside.
5. Place Anzac biscuits into a sealable bag. Wrap the bag in a tea towel and beat the biscuits with a rolling pin until they turn to crumbs.
6. Whip the honey into the yoghurt and put back in the fridge so it stays firm.
7. To serve, place the pears in the middle of the plate. Sprinkle a little nutmeg and biscuit crumb over the top. Place a dollop of yoghurt on the side.