- 1 bag Countdown Broccoli Rice
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp Tuscan herbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ½ cup gluten free or regular self-rising flour
- Oil for frying
1. In a food processor, place the broccoli rice, egg, salt, pepper, cheese, lemon zest and flour. Pulse until it forms a sticky dough.
2. Tip dough onto a floured bench. Combine with a little extra flour to form a soft ball, then divide into 8 even pieces. Roll each ball between two sheets of baking paper until 10-12cm in diameter.
3. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan to a medium heat. Slide the flatbread off the paper into the pan. Cook for 5 minutes before flipping and cooking for a further 3 or 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and continue with the remaining mixture.
4. Serve warm as a side, on a platter or try topped with your favourite toppings.