Ganesh's Meat & Three Vege Rice Paper Rolls
- 30g rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 250g boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 120g spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 12 rice paper rolls
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup coriander
- 2 limes, quartered
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp oyster sauce
1. In a saucepan, boil water, and add the rice noodles. Cook for 3-5 minutes, then drain. Wash the noodles under cold water to cool them down. Set aside.
2. In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of the rice bran oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and half a tablespoon of the sesame oil after 3 minutes of cooking. Once the meat takes on colour, remove it from the heat and set aside in a bowl. Let the juices settle in the bowl and scrape all leftover flavour from the pan into the bowl.
3. Using the same pan, heat the remaining rice bran oil to a high heat. Add the spinach, peas, ginger and garlic. Cook until the spinach is just starting to wilt. Mix in the remaining sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar and cook for 1 minute. Take off the heat and combine with chicken.
4. Cool the chicken and vegetable mix in the freezer for 15 minutes
5. Fill a bowl with hot water and individually dip the rice paper rolls in the water for a second to soften, then lay them flat. Do these one at a time, until you are confident to do a few.
6. In the centre of the rice paper, lay a little of the chicken and vegetable mixture, and top with grated carrot and coriander. Fold the sides in and roll. Repeat.
7. For the sauce, in a small bowl mix soy sauce, sesame oil and oyster sauce. Serve with lime quarters.