Hot Cross Bun Brownie
- 120g dark chocolate
- 120g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 3 Countdown Hot Cross Buns, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, mixed with 2 tsp water
1. Preheat an oven to 170°C. Line a 20 x 20 cm tin with baking paper.
2. Into a pot, place the chocolate, butter and sugar, heating the mix slowly and stirring until smooth. Remove, cool for 10 minutes then whisk in the eggs. Then add the vanilla, flour and hot cross buns pieces, mixing to combine.
3. Pour the mixture into the tin (leaving it a little rough on the top is fine). Bake for 35 minutes until just set. Remove and cool completely before cutting into squares.
4. To make the crosses drizzle a little icing over each piece.