Fairy Bread BBQ Hot Cross Bun
- 2 hot cross buns, halved
- 1/3 cup caster suagr
- 1 banana, cut into 1cm slices
- 25g butter
- 20ml vanilla essence
- 150ml cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles, to serve
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
1. Preheat barbecue flat plate on medium heat. Slice hot cross buns in half and place cut side down on the flat plate and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until toasted. Transfer to a serving plate.
2. Heat a medium frying pan on barbecue flat plate. Add sugar and allow to melt and turn a golden caramel colour. Add the butter, vanilla and two tablespoons of cold water and stir to combine.
3. Add the banana and cook for 1-2 minutes or until coated and lightly caramelised. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Place one hot cross bun half on a serving plate and top with the caramelised banana slices, a dollop of whipped cream and 1/2 tsp of the sprinkles.
5. Top with remaining hot cross bun half, then dust with icing sugar and remaining sprinkles. Serve with maple syrup.
• Energy 1989Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 22g • Saturated Fat 14g • Carbohydrates 64g • Sugars 48g • Sodium 123mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation