Pan-fried Fish with Broccoli Mash
- 6 potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 broccoli heads, cut into florets
- 90g butter, chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus extra zest to serve
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped, plus extra to serve
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 750g boneless white fish fillets
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup milk
1. In a medium saucepan, add potatoes and broccoli. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes, then drain and return to the saucepan.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add capers and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest, juice and chives, then season and remove from heat.
3. Dust fish in flour, shaking off any excess. In a large frying pan, heat oil on a medium heat. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
4. Add tomatoes to frying pan and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Place saucepan with broccoli and potato on medium heat. Add milk, then mash.
6. Serve fish on a bed of mash with lemon caper butter, tomatoes, and remaining chives and zest.
Adding broccoli to mashed potato is a great way to add an extra vegetable into your meal.
• Energy 2413Kj • Protein 42g • Total Fat 29g • Saturated Fat 14g • Carbohydrates 34g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 830mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation