Asian Pork Meatballs
- 500 grams Pork mince
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- 2 cm Fresh ginger piece, peeled, finely grated
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch Fresh coriander
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup Water
- 500 grams Microwave brown rice
- 1 bag Countdown Japanese slaw and dressing
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Combine pork mince, spring onion, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Finely chop coriander and add to pork mince mixture, reserving a small handful to serve. Mix until well combined. Form tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on a plate.
2. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium heat. Add meatballs and cook for 10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, or until meatballs are browned all over. Add 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil.
3. Transfer meatballs to a shallow baking dish and place in the oven. Bake meatballs for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. Cook microwave rice as per packet instructions.
5. In a medium bowl, combine slaw salad mix and dressing.
6. Place rice evenly on plates with slaw mix on top. Add meatballs on top with a sprinkling of coriander, to serve.
Meatballs are an easy weeknight meal. Choose lean mince when making meatballs to reduce the amount of saturated fat in your meal.
• Energy 1841Kj • Protein 31g • Total Fat 12g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates 46g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 177mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.