Guinness, Date and Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 1 cup Guinness
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 20g butter, softened
- 150g cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Chop the dates in thirds, and soak in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain the liquid.
3. In a large saucepan add Guinness, brown sugar, butter and cocoa. Bring to a simmer, whisking until smooth. Remove from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
4. Whisk in the eggs, then stir through the flour, dates and chocolate chips until well combined.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly into the tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove and let cool.
6. To make the icing, whisk the butter, cream cheese and vanilla essence until smooth. Then fold through the icing sugar until smooth. Using a zip lock bag with the corner cut, fill the icing into the bag and pipe icing onto the cupcakes. Store in an airtight container.
• Energy 1433Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 12g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 53g • Sugars 40g • Sodium 244mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation