Easy Brown Rice Pudding
- 2 x 250g packs microwave brown rice pouches
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups trim milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
1. Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
2. In a medium heatproof bowl, add all ingredients except the mixed berries. Stir to combine, then microwave for 5 minutes.
3. Stir through frozen mixed berries and let stand for 2 minutes so berries defrost. Serve warm.
Tip: Using brown rice instead of white rice increases the whole grain content of this classic dessert.
• Energy 862Kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 1g • Saturated Fat 0g • Carbohydrates 40g • Sugars 14g • Sodium 34mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation