Crumbed Fish and Chip Bake
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained, chopped
- 500g kumara, peeled, cut into 1cm wedges
- 2 courgettes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 lemons
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley, plus extra to serve
- 450g firm white fish fillets
- 1/3 cup aioli, plus extra to serve
- 2 Tbsp gherkins, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, toss kumara and courgette in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cut 2 lemons into wedges. Arrange kumara and courgette in a single layer on the tray with lemon wedges. Season with salt and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes, or until starting to brown.
3. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley and remaining oil. Mix well and season.
4. Reduce oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and take vegetables out of the oven. Add fish to tray. Spread each with 1 tablespoon of aioli, then press crumb mixture onto fish.
5. Place tray back in oven and bake for a further 5-6 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through and the crumb is golden.
6. Zest and juice the remaining lemon. In a small bowl, combine extra parsley, lemon zest and juice, gherkins and capers.
Homemade oven-baked fish and chips are a healthier alternative to your usual takeaways with less
fat and salt.
• Energy 2007Kj • Protein 27g • Total Fat 25g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 35g • Sugars 16g • Sodium 477mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition foundation