Muesli Bar Slice
- 1/2 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 20g butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp runny honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Line a 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper.
2. Soak the dates and raisins in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain, discarding the liquid.
3. Into a food processor add the dates, raisins, butter, honey and egg. Blend to combine.
4. Add the coconut, oats, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and cinnamon. Blend again to combine. Using clean hands, press the mixture into the lined tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares.
Tip: This muesli bar slice is packed with seeds and whole grains and has no refined sugar added, making it perfect for lunchboxes. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
• Energy 505Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 6g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 13g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 15mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation