Sugar-free Carrot and Sultana Muffins
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup courgette, grated
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a 12-hole muffin pan using cooking oil spray.
2. In a large bowl, sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon together. Stir in sultanas, carrot and courgette until well combined, and make a well in centre of the mixture.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk yoghurt, milk and eggs together. Pour into the flour mixture and lightly mix to combine. Spoon mixture evenly among muffin cases and sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
5. Set aside for a few minutes before transferring to a cooking rack.
Tip: Great for work or school lunchboxes. Adding vegetables and using wholemeal flour increases your fibre and vegetable intake.
• Energy 538Kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 3g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 20g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 67mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation