Healthier Pad Thai
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Chilli paste
- 400 grams Chicken breast, cut into strips
- 750 grams Stir-fry vegetables
- 1 Tbsp Reduced-salt soy sauce
- 4 1/2 cups Rice noodles
- 1 cup Mung bean sprouts
- To serve
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
1. Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add garlic, chilli and chicken, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add stir-fry vegetables and soy sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, or until chicken is cooked through. Toss through noodles and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Divide between four plates and top with mung bean sprouts and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
This homemade takeaway favourite has more vegetables and less salt compared with traditional takeaway Pad Thai.
• Energy 2190Kj • Protein 33g • Total Fat 7g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 76g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 348mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.