Mini Vegetable Frittatas
- Spray oil
- 1/2 kumara, peeled, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 potato, peeled, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 50g baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Spray a 12-hole muffin pan with oil.
2. In a bowl, combine kumara and potato. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, or until tender. Stir spinach through. Leave to cool.
3. Sauté onion in a lightly oiled pan over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
4. In a large jug, whisk together eggs, cream and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide vegetables into prepared muffin pan. Pour cream mixture over. Bake for 20-25
minutes, or until firm and golden.
Frittatas are an easy and tasty way to get some protein and vegetables into lunchboxes.
• Energy 422Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 8g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates 5g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 218mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation