Wholemeal Blueberry Pancakes
- 3/4 cup Wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup Plain flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Lite milk, plus 2 Tbsp extra
- 1 Egg
- 300 grams Blueberries
- Olive oil spray
- 3/4 cup Ricotta
- 1 Tbsp Liquid honey
1. In a large bowl, sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon together. In a jug, combine 1 1/2 cups of milk and egg then whisk. Add milk mixture to flour and whisk until combined. Gently stir in half the blueberries. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Spray a large frying pan with olive oil and heat over a medium heat. Pour 1/4 cups of batter, 2-3 at a time, into pan and cook for 3 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
3. Meanwhile, whisk ricotta and remaining milk until smooth. Serve pancakes topped with dollops of ricotta, remaining blueberries, and drizzled with honey
Tip: Using wholemeal flour increases the dietary fibre without compromising on flavour.
• Energy 1592Kj • Protein 17g • Total Fat 11g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 50g • Sugars 18g • Sodium 443mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.