Wholemeal Blueberry Pancakes
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups lite milk, plus 2 Tbsp extra
- 1 egg
- 300g blueberries
- Olive oil spray
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
1. In a large bowl, sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon together. In a jug, whisk 1 1/2 cups of milk and egg. Add milk mixture to flour
mixture and whisk until combined. Gently stir in half the blueberries. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Spray a large frying pan with olive oil and heat over a medium heat. Pour 1/4 cups of batter, 2-3 at a time, into pan and cook for 3 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
3. Meanwhile, whisk ricotta and remaining milk until smooth. Serve pancakes topped with dollops of ricotta, remaining blueberries, and drizzled with honey
Using wholemeal flour increases the dietary fibre without compromising on flavour
• Energy 1592Kj • Protein 17g • Total Fat 11g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 50g • Sugars 18g • Sodium 443mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.