Thai Beef Salad
- Cooking oil spray
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Sweet chilli lime dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp chopped chilli
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue plate on high. Lightly spray with oil.
2. Cook steaks for 3-5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients together.
4. To make sweet chilli lime dressing, whisk together all ingredients and season to taste.
5. Toss dressing through salad mixture with beef. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
• Energy 2515Kj • Protein 39g • Total Fat 45g • Saturated Fat 18g • Carbohydrates 10g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 7709mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation