Courgette and Chicken Fritters
- 2 large courgettes, ends chopped off
- 300g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup lite milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Olive oil spray
- To serve:
- Tomato chutney
- Green salad
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Roughly grate the courgettes. Transfer to a clean kitchen cloth or tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
3. In a large bowl, place the corn, chicken, spring onion, flour, baking powder, eggs, milk, cheddar, Parmesan and thyme. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Form fritters from 1/3 cup of the mixture and place onto the prepared baking tray. Spray with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with tomato chutney and a green salad.
These fritters are an easy way to add more vegetables and fibre into your day.
• Energy 1718Kj • Protein 25g • Total Fat 20g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 28g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 928mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation