Courgette and Chicken Fritters
- 2 Large courgettes, ends chopped off
- 300 grams Canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup Cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup Lite milk
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp Fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Olive oil spray
- To serve:
- Tomato chutney
- Green salad
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Roughly grate the courgettes. Transfer to a clean kitchen cloth or tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
3. In a large bowl, place the grated courgettes, corn, chicken, spring onion, flour, baking powder, eggs, milk, cheddar, Parmesan and thyme. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Form fritters from 1/3 cup of the mixture and place onto the prepared baking tray. Spray with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with tomato chutney and a green salad.
These fritters are an easy way to add more vegetables and fibre into your day.
• Energy 1718Kj • Protein 25g • Total Fat 20g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 28g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 928mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation