Jerk Salmon with Yoghurt Potatoes
- 8 baby potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to season
- 2 x 150g salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
1. In a medium saucepan, add potatoes and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil on a high heat. Cook for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain, and cover to keep warm.
2. Reserve 1 tablespoon each of the parsley and coriander. Process remaining herbs with pepper, chilli, allspice, garlic, ginger, lime juice and oil. Season with salt.
3. In a medium bowl, pour half the herb mixture over the salmon. Stand for 5 minutes.
4. Cook salmon in a heated medium frying pan for 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked through.
5. Combine potatoes with yoghurt, shallots and remaining herb mixture.
6. Serve salmon with lime wedges and potatoes on the side. Sprinkle with reserved herbs to garnish.
Salmon is a great source of omega 3 fats which are important for heart health.
• Energy 3291Kj • Protein 41g • Total Fat 50g • Saturated Fat 12g • Carbohydrates 40g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 1132mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation