Bunless Spicy Lamb Burgers
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp harissa paste or hot sauce
- 500g lamb mince
- Spray oil
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves pulled off
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Yoghurt sauce
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix the spices, garlic and harissa paste. Add the lamb mince and mix until well combined. Using your hands, shape the mixture into six balls and set aside.
2. Spray a barbecue or grill with oil and heat to a medium heat. Flatten each ball with your hand, then transfer to the oiled grill. Cook each patty for 2-3 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through.
3. To make the yoghurt sauce, in a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
4. Serve the patties in lettuce leaves, topped with tomato slices and yoghurt sauce.
Using lettuce as a burger bun is tasty way to enjoy burgers without the bread and without compromising on flavour.
• Energy 1033Kj • Protein 19g • Total Fat 17g • Saturated Fat 6g • Carbohydrates 4g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 272mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation