Kiwi Style Pasties
- 500g beef mince
- 200g potato, finely chopped
- 200g swede, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce, plus extra, to serve
- Salt and plenty of black pepper
- 4 sheets store-bought short pastry
- 1/4 cup milk, for glazing
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the mince, potato, carrot, onion, sauces, salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
3. With a bowl or cutter, cut the pastry sheets into nine 15cm diameter circles, rerolling the trimmings.
4. Brush pastry edges lightly with water and spoon ¼ cup of mixture into the centre of each; shape into an oblong. Bring the sides of the pastry up to the middle over the filling and crimp.
5. Place all the assembled pasties on a greased tray and brush with milk. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve hot with tomato sauce or a tomato relish.