Courgette, Pea and Feta Fritters
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 250g frozen peas
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- pinch of pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus Juice of 1 lemon for the Feta Sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil for frying
- 2 cups salad greens, to serve
- Feta Sauce
- 75g feta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Garlic clove (optional)
1. Squeeze the grated courgette in paper towels to remove some of the juice.
2 For the feta sauce, place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Place into a small bowl and refrigerate.
3. In a heat-proof bowl, pour boiling water over the peas to thaw, then drain.
4. In the food processor (leaving any remaining feta sauce in there), pulse the peas until chunky, then transfer to a large bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients, except the oil and salad greens, stirring well to combine.
5. In a large frying pan, heat oil and cook large tablespoons of the batter until brown. Flip and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside on a paper towel to drain off any excess oil.
6. Serve the fritters drizzled with feta sauce and salad greens on the side.
• Energy 1676Kj • Protein 13g • Total Fat 33g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 12g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 583mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation