Sweet Chilli Chicken, Tomato and Corn Salad
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-4 corn cobs, husk and silk removed
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 cos lettuces, leaves separated
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
1. Place chicken breasts in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the oil, half of the chilli sauce and half of the garlic. Pour the mix over the chicken and coat well. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Heat a BBQ plate or char-grill pan on medium-high. Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of oil and grill, turning several times, for 8-10 minutes, until browned and tender. Transfer to a chopping board and cut into 2cm thick slices.
3. Grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes, then cut into slices.
4. In a small bowl, whisk remaining oil, sweet chilli sauce, garlic and lemon or lime juice. Stir in spring onion and 1 tablespoon of water.
5. On a platter, arrange lettuce leaves, avocado, corn, chicken and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with coriander to serve.
Fresh Tip: Corn is a good source of fibre that supports digestive health.
• Energy 3519Kj • Protein 39g • Total Fat 57g • Saturated Fat 10g • Carbohydrates 37g • Sugars 27g • Sodium 446mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation