Watermelon, Radish and Balsamic Beef Salad
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic glaze, plus extra to drizzle
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 500g beef sirloin or rump steak
- 1kg seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into chunks
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 90g feta, crumbled
1. In a shallow dish, combine oil and balsamic glaze. Season to taste. Add steak and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. Heat a BBQ plate or char-grill pan on high. Grill steak for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to preference. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice and set aside.
3. In a large serving bowl, combine watermelon, spinach, radish, avocado and mint leaves. Top with sliced steak and crumble feta over. Drizzle with extra glaze to serve.
• Energy 2219Kj • Protein 34g • Total Fat 33g • Saturated Fat 9g • Carbohydrates 21g • Sugars 21g • Sodium 820mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation