Peach and Ginger Tart
- 125g packet ginger nut biscuits
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 2 Tbsp sugar for the biscuit crumb, plus 1/3 cup for the filling, plus 1/2 cup for the syrup
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- Ginger Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large, thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 3-4 semi-firm peaches, peeled and sliced
- Mint leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 23cm fluted, loose bottom tart tin.
2. In a food processor, process the biscuits and almonds until a fine crumb forms. Add in the sugar and butter and mix well. Press this firmly into the tart tin, going up the sides as well. Bake for 10-15 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
3. In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, egg, sugar, vanilla essence and lemon zest, beating until smooth. Pour mixture into the tart crust and bake for 15-20 minutes or until just set. Turn the oven off and leave to cool in the oven, then chill.
4. To make the ginger syrup, in a medium saucepan on a low heat, add the sugar, water and ginger until a syrup forms. This should take about 7 minutes. Remove the ginger and allow to cool for a few minutes before adding in the fresh peach slices.
5. To serve, pile the peaches in the centre of the tart, drizzling the last of the syrup over. Top with mint leaves.
Fresh Tip: Remove the pit by cutting stone fruit in half carefully with a paring knife. Twist the halves apart and pry the stone out.
• Energy 1732Kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 24g • Saturated Fat 12g • Carbohydrates 44g • Sugars 39g • Sodium 222mg