BBQ Red Curry Vegetable Skewers
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large courgette, halved lengthways and cut into 1cm pieces
- 12 button mushrooms, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
1. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes, to prevent burning when cooking.
2. In a large bowl, toss vegetable pieces in half of the curry paste. Thread vegetables onto skewers.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook remaining curry paste, stirring, for 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes or until mixture has slightly thickened. Season to taste.
4. Heat an oiled BBQ plate or char-grill pan on a medium heat. Cook skewers for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, brushing once with some of the sauce while cooking.
5. Serve skewers drizzled with the remaining curry sauce and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
Fresh Tip: Use vegetarian red curry paste to make this vegetarian.
• Energy 703Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 15g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 4g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 715mg