Peri Peri Chicken Tacos with BBQ Sweetcorn
- 2 corn cobs, husk and silk removed
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup peri peri sauce, plus extra to serve
- 12 taco shells
- 50g rocket leaves
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Heat a BBQ plate or char-grill pan on high. Char-grill corn cobs for 4-5 minutes, turning on all sides to brown. Remove from heat and set aside. Once cool, slice kernels from cobs.
3. Toss chicken with peri peri sauce. Heat taco shells for 5 minutes in the oven.
4. To serve, fill each shell with rocket, tomato, avocado, chicken mixture and corn. Dollop with sour cream and extra peri peri sauce to serve.
Fresh Tip: You can also cook corn on the BBQ in the husk. Just soak in cold water first and cook with the BBQ lid down. The water will gently steam the corn as it cooks.
• Energy 2494Kj • Protein 28g • Total Fat 34g • Saturated Fat 10g • Carbohydrates 38g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 369mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation