Pork and Fennel Stuffed Capsicums
- 3 capsicums, mixed colours
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 500g pork mince
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g Parmesan, grated, to serve
- Handful fresh basil leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Halve the capsicums length-ways and de-seed. With a small knife, trim any white pith. Brush the skins with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and set out on a lined oven dish.
3. In a medium frying pan, fry the onion in the last two tablespoons of olive oil until softened.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the cooked onion and the remaining ingredients (except the Parmesan and basil leaves).
5. Fill each capsicum with the stuffing and drizzle with a little more olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until the tops are browned.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil leaves to serve.
• Energy 2110Kj • Protein 36g • Total Fat 28g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 25g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 965mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation