Pork Chops with Peach and Rosemary Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 pork chops, fat trimmed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 500g ripe peaches, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups rocket leaves, to serve
- 500g baby potatoes, boiled until tender, to serve
1. In a heavy frying pan, heat half of the oil. Season the chops and cook for around 4 minutes until each side is well browned. Cover with a lid or foil and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil and cook the onion and rosemary until softened. Add the sugar, vinegar, mustard and peaches and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the cooked pork chops to the pan, cover with sauce, and heat gently to a simmer for around 4 minutes.
4. Serve the pork chops with the sauce spooned over the top. Serve with salad and baby potatoes on the side.
Fresh Tip: Peaches are packed with goodness including vitamin C, vitamin E and dietary fibre.
• Energy 1395Kj • Protein 27g • Total Fat 9g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 34g • Sugars 22g • Sodium 638mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation