Meatball Banh Mi
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ telegraph cucumber, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup finely sliced red onion
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet beef meatballs
- 4 long bread rolls
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped red chilli
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced)
2. In a large bowl, combine the carrot, cucumber, onion and herbs.
3. For the dressing, combine the fish sauce, sesame, lemon juice, sugar and chilli, mixing well. Toss through the salad and set aside.
4. For the sriracha mayo, combine sriracha and mayo in a small bowl. Set aside.
5. Heat oil in a medium frying pan. Cook the meatballs until lightly brown and cooked through.
6. Warm the bread rolls in the oven for a few minutes until crisp.
7. To assemble, slice the rolls, fill with salad and then meatballs.
8. Drizzle over sriracha mayo and serve while warm.