Wrapped Meatballs with Plum Sauce
- 2 ½ sheets savoury short pastry
- 1 packet beef meat balls
- 10 green olives, halved
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ cup plum sauce, to serve
1. Preheat an oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking sheet with paper.
2. Cut the pastry sheets into 20 4x4cm squares.
3. Into the middle of each meatball, press half a green olive. Wrap each stuffed meatball in a pastry square, then place them onto the baking tray.
4. Whisk the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water. Brush the balls and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
5. Place into the oven for 20 minutes, until golden.
6. Serve warm with plum sauce for dipping.