Grilled Haloumi Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
- 420g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 180g haloumi, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- Mint, roughly chopped
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Dry the drained chickpeas with a paper towel then toss in paprika and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Roast for 45 minutes – tossing every 15 minutes – until crispy. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the herbs and spices together. Heat your BBQ plate to medium-high and brush one side of the haloumi with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with some of the spice mix.
3. Place on the BBQ hot plate, oiled side down, and cook until golden, then flip. Sprinkle more of the spices over the cooked side and continue cooking until golden brown. Remove from the grill, sprinkle over more of the spice mix and set aside.
4. Next, cook the tomatoes on the BBQ hot plate until skin blisters.
5. Scatter the spinach on a large serving plate. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and haloumi. Season with salt and scatter over the fresh herbs. Mix the yoghurt and lemon juice together and serve on the side.
• Energy 1607Kj • Protein 18g • Total Fat 26g • Saturated Fat 10g • Carbohydrates 16g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 1112mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.