Roast Vegetables with Tabouli
- 200g pumpkin, cut into thick wedges
- 4 chillies, halved lengthways
- 2 courgettes cut into thick slices
- 200g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season, plus extra for Tabouli
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup firmly packed Italian parsley leaves, chopped coarsely
- 10 basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/4 red onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, add pumpkin, chillies, courgette and cauliflower. Drizzle with the olive oil and season. Toss to coat all the vegetables in the oil, then arrange on the prepared tray. Roast for 45-50 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make the tabouli, in a medium bowl combine all the ingredients and season well. Set aside.
4. Place the vegetables into a large bowl and mix in the tabouli.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. For less spice, you could substitute 2 chillies for a red or yellow capsicum, sliced.
• Energy 716Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 14g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 5g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 389mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.