Halloween Ghouls Cake
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 150g white chocolate
- 50g melted dark chocolate
- 2 white chocolate mud cakes
- 150g butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup strawberry syrup
1. Firstly make the strawberry ghosts- find that recipe here: bit.ly/ghoststrawberries
2. To make the buttercream, beat the butter for 3 or 4 minutes until light and creamy. Add the icing sugar half a cup at a time beating for 2 minutes after each addition. Add the vanilla and 2-3 Tbsp water (depending on consistency). Continue to beat until light and fluffy.
3. Remove the paper from the cakes. Slice the icing off to create a smooth top.
4. Place one cake onto a flat surface and cover the top with a layer of buttercream. Place the second cake on top. Using the remainder of the buttercream, cover the top and sides of the cake. Place onto your serving plate.
5. Just before serving, drizzle the strawberry syrup on the top and allow it to drip down the sides. Decorate with strawberry ghosts.