Parmesan Basil Croquettes with Pesto Aioli
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Cooking oil spray
- Pesto Aioli
- 2/3 cup aioli
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Place the pumpkin onto an oven tray, rub with oil and bake for 20 minutes to soften. Cool.
3. In a large bowl, add the cooked pumpkin, breadcrumbs, egg, parmesan, basil, salt and pepper, combine well.
4. Use your hands to shape the mixture into 8-10 croquettes. Place the croquettes on a lined baking tray. Spray with cooking oil.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
6. To make the pesto aioli, combine the aioli and pesto in a small bowl.
7. Serve the croquettes hot with the pesto aioli as a dipping sauce.
This is a good way to use leftover cooked pumpkin.
• Energy 1713Kj • Protein 14g • Total Fat 23g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 36g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 1212mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.