Courgette, Capsicum and Couscous Salad
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Vegan Ice Cream 3 ways
1. In a medium bowl, combine couscous and boiling water, cover and stand for 5 minutes, fluff with a fork occasionally.
2. On a heated, oiled grill plate, cook courgette, capsicum and onion for 2 minutes each side, or until tender and browned.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the couscous, grilled vegetables, crumbled feta, olive oil, rind and lemon juice.
4. Transfer to a large plate and serve.
Feta can dry out quickly when removed from its brine, so it's important to keep it stored
in the brine in a storage container and in the refrigerator. Use within 3-5 days of purchase.
• Energy 1549Kj • Protein 18g • Total Fat 9g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 49g • Sugars 15g • Sodium 417mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.