BBQ Prawns with Avocado Salsa
- 800g prawns, peeled, de-veined and tails intact
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice, plus 1 Tbsp lime juice fr salsa
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Avocado Salsa
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, place the prawns, oil, garlic, lime juice, coriander, cumin and chilli flakes and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, to make the avocado salsa, in a small bowl combine the tomato, avocado,
red onion and lime juice. Season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a BBQ hot plate to high. Transfer the prawns from the marinade and cook
for 3-4 minutes, turning until the prawns are pink. Season with salt while cooking. Serve the prawns with the salsa.
Keep firm avocados next to ripe bananas in the fruit bowl. Once ripe, store in the fridge.
• Energy 1634Kj • Protein 43g • Total Fat 22g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 4g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 1725mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.