Green Salad with Cucumber, Peas, Mint and Raspberry Dressing
- 1 packet snow peas
- 1/2 cup edamame beans
- 1/2 cup minted baby peas
- 3 baby cos lettuces, washed and leaves separated
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, peeled into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Raspberry Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp liquid honey
- 1 punnet raspberries
- Salt and pepper, to season
Vegan Ice Cream 3 ways
1. To make the dressing, in a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar and honey and mix well. Add half the raspberries and mash to a pulp. Season to taste then set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, blanch the snow peas, beans and baby peas for 1-2 minutes until bright green and just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well.
3. Arrange the cos leaves in a bowl and top with the cucumber strips, snow peas, beans and peas. Dot with the remaining raspberries, mint leaves and sprinkle with almonds. Spoon the dressing over the salad when ready to serve.
Store leftover lettuce in an airtight container with a dry paper towel to absorb moisture in the fridge
for up to 5 days.
• Energy 724Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 12g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 10g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 344mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.