Beef and Paprika Meatballs
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Lemon zest, to garnish
- Mint, to garnish
- 200g cucumber and mint dip
1. In a large bowl, combine mince, cumin, coriander, garlic, paprika, oregano, lemon rind and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Roll mixture into teaspoon-sized balls.
3. In a large frying pan, heat oil and cook meatballs in batches until golden and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel.
4. To serve, pile onto a serving platter and garnish with lemon zest and mint. Serve with cucumber and mint dip on the side.
You can also use lamb mince for this recipe.
• Energy 1090Kj • Protein 21g • Total Fat 19g • Saturated Fat 6g • Carbohydrates 1g • Sugars 1g • Sodium 467mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.