BBQ Chermoula Chicken Thighs with Pea Purée
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh small red chilli
- 1 sprig fresh coriander, stem and root attached
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 x 125g chicken thigh fillets
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Pea Purée
- 500g frozen baby peas, thawed
- 25g butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
1. Preheat a chargrill or BBQ to a medium heat.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend garlic, shallots, chilli, coriander, cumin, paprika
and half the oil until almost smooth.
3. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add the chicken. Rub mixture all over chicken
then season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook chicken on the chargrill of BBQ for 4 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
5. For the pea purée, in a medium saucepan stir peas and butter over a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until peas are tender and butter is melted. Blend or process pea mixture with sour cream until smooth.
6. Serve chicken on a sharing platter on top of pea purée , sprinkled with coriander.
To check if chicken is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the chicken with a sharp knife.
If the juices run clear, it's ready.
• Energy 2332Kj • Protein 50g • Total Fat 31g • Saturated Fat 13g • Carbohydrates 16g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 756mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.