Dark Choc and Cherry Cheesecake
- 250g packet dark chocolate biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 100g dark eating chocolate, melted plus extra, grated to serve
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup red glacé cherries, chopped, plus 1/4 cup extra, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups cream, whipped
1. Grease a deep-dish, 20cm cake tin and line with baking paper. Preheat oven to 160°C(140°C fan-forced).
2. In a food processor, finely crumb biscuits then stir in butter. Spoon into the base of the cake tin and press down firmly into an even layer approximately 1cm thick. Chill for 15 minutes or until firm.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and essence in a medium bowl until smooth. Add eggs one by one, beating well after each addition. Place half the cream cheese mixture in a separate bowl and stir in melted chocolate. Spoon mixture evenly over biscuit bases. Chill for 15 minutes, or until slightly set.
4. Stir coconut and cherries into remaining cream cheese mixture. Spoon evenly over chocolate layer in tin and level top. Sprinkle
with extra cherries.
5. Bake for 55 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and cool completely in tray.
6. Cover and chill for 6 hours, or overnight. Serve topped with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
• Energy 2743Kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 46g • Saturated Fat 29g • Carbohydrates 55g • Sugars 48g • Sodium 357mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.