Grilled Salmon with Tomato, Capers and Herby Sauce
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp extra
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 x 120g salmon fillets
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp baby capers
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Meringue and Berry Layer Cake
1. To make the dressing, in a small food processor, combine herbs, 1/4 cup of the oil, vinegar, anchovies and garlic until smooth. Season, then set aside.
2. Pat fish skin dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
3. In a large frying pan, heat remaining oil on high. Cook fish, skin-side down, for 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook for 3-5 minutes, depending on thickness of fish, until cooked through.
4. In a bowl, combine tomato and capers. To serve, spoon over fish with dressing on top. Accompany with asparagus and lemon.
You can also blanch the asparagus for 3 minutes to ensure the stalks remain crisp.
• Energy 1992Kj • Protein 23g • Total Fat 40g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 5g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 310mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.