Grilled Beef Skewers
- 625g beef rump steak, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 1 red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce*
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 bamboo skewers
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Ensure that the beef and vegetables are well coated. Season to taste.
2. Thread beef and vegetables onto the bamboo skewers.
3. Heat an oiled BBQ to medium and cook the skewers for 10 mins, turning occasionally, or until cooked through and beginning to lightly char.
4. Serve skewers sprinkled with coriander.
Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for an hour before use to prevent them splintering or scorching during cooking.
• Energy 662Kj • Protein 17g • Total Fat 8g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 4g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 213mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.
*Check fish sauce is gluten free.