Kumara Hash Brown With Eggs
- 800g kumara, grated
- 1 potato, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Salt, to season
- Pepper, to season
- 6 eggs
- 6 bacon rashers
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 20x30cm roasting dish with baking paper.
2. Using a clean tea towel, squeeze the excess liquid from the grated kumara, potato and onion in batches then set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the grated vegetables with the herbs, olive oil and season. Transfer to your prepared roasting dish and pat into an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil and cook for 60 minutes, or until crispy on the top and bottom.
4. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, cook the eggs and bacon. Remove from pan and keep warm.
5. Serve squares of the hash topped with the eggs and bacon. Season to taste.
Baking hash browns in the oven in one big dish saves on time.
• Energy 1505Kj • Protein 12g • Total Fat 21g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 29g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 525mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.