Grilled Prawns with Asparagus and Cannellini Puree
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp extra
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- 600g raw prawn cutlets, tails on
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley leaves, plus extra to serve
- Grilled flatbread or pita, to serve
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
How to use Woody Asparagus Ends
1. In a food processor, combine beans, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil and garlic. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large pot, bring salted water to the boil. Prepare a bowl of iced water and set aside. Add asparagus spears to boiling water
and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Remove asparagus from boiling water and transfer to ice water for 1 minute, to stop
cooking. Remove and allow to drain.
3. To make dressing, in a small jug, whisk olive oil, vinegar and sugar together.
4. Preheat a char-grill pan to medium. In a small bowl, toss prawns in extra oil. Char-grill prawns for 1-2 minutes each side, until just cooked through.
5. In a medium bowl, gently combine asparagus, prawns, dressing and parsley. Season to taste.
6. Spoon bean puree onto a large platter and top with prawn mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve with grilled
bread or pita.
• Energy 1611Kj • Protein 43g • Total Fat 17g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 10g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 1137mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.