BBQ Beef, Asparagus and Kumara Salad
- 450g kumara, peeled
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 500g beef sirloin steak
- 2 Tbsp madras curry paste
- 150g rocket
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Crusty bread, to serve
How to use Woody Asparagus Ends
1. Slice kumara into 0.5cm slices. Place in a medium bowl with asparagus spears and toss with oil.
2. Preheat a barbecue plate or char-grill pan to medium. Cook kumara slices for 4-5 minutes each side, until tender. Cook asparagus for 2-3 minutes, rotating, until tender. Set aside.
3. Place steak on a plate and using your hands (wearing gloves) or the back of a spoon, rub the curry paste into both sides.
4. Increase heat to medium/hot and cook steak for 3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest meat, covered
with foil, for 10 minutes. 5 In a large bowl, combine rocket, onion, kumara and asparagus. Drizzle with the vinegar and extra virgin oil and toss to combine. Slice meat diagonally across
grain, add to salad and toss gently to combine.
6. Divide salad between plates and serve with crusty bread on the side.
• Energy 2322Kj • Protein 27g • Total Fat 36g • Saturated Fat 12g • Carbohydrates 28g • Sugars 12g • Sodium 239mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.