Vegan Asparagus Frittata
- 1 bunch Asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 Medium sized baby potatoes, cut into cubes
- 100 grams Baby spinach
- Salad, to serve
- 300 grams Soft tofu
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Corn flour
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line the base of a 22cm baking dish.
2. Cut 5cm from the top of the asparagus and set aside. Cut the remainder into 1cm pieces.
3. In a medium frying pan, warm the oil. Add the onion, garlic, potatoes and 1cm asparagus pieces, cooking slowly for 15 minutes until the potatoes are almost soft. Add the spinach to wilt. Set aside.
4. To make the base, in a food processor place the tofu, chickpeas, curry powder, water, corn flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Blitz until almost smooth.
5. Add tofu mixture to the vegetables and pour into prepared baking dish. Top with the asparagus tops. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Serve with a side salad.
Fresh Tip: Potato skin contains more nutrients than the flesh, providing fibre, iron and potassium.
• Energy 1025Kj • Protein 14g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 15g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 592mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.