Beauty and the Beast Spaghetti & Pea Pesto
- 2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 400g spaghetti
1. Cook peas in a medium saucepan of boiling, salted water for 2-3 mins if frozen, or 4-5 mins if fresh, until tender. Drain. Place half of peas, Parmesan, oil, basil, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until puréed.
2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water according to packet directions. Drain and return to pan.
3. Add pesto and remaining peas to spaghetti. Toss on low heat for 1 min, until warmed through.
4. Divide between serving bowls.
5. Top with extra basil leaves and serve immediately.
Per serve: 5g protein, 5g fat (1g sat fat), 18g carb, 2g sugars, 24mg sodium, 579kJ